The top 10 superfoods that help you conceive
If you have decided it is time to build a family, make sure you enrich your diet with the following superfoods that can help you conceive.
The good news for all of you who are trying to get pregnant is that a balanced diet, rich in nutrients, vitamins and minerals, is directly linked to fertility.
So here is a list of our top 10 superfoods that will boost your chances to conceive.
- Bananas: B6 vitamin in bananas can increase fertility as it is connected to hormonal regulation in women. B6 deficiency can lead to irregular periods and poor egg and sperm quality as well.
- Asparagus: the folic acid contained in asparagus helps with reducing chances of an ovulation disorder; this is why women trying to conceive are advised to take folic acid supplements.
- Shell fish: vitamin B12 can be found in large amounts in shell fish and it may improve endometrial thickness, decreasing miscarriage incidents.
- Eggs: eggs are rich in nutrients, among them vitamin D. A study by Yale researchers reported that among 67 women suffering infertility, the 93% had inadequate vitamin D levels.
- Almonds: vitamin E contained in almonds improves sperm quality and it is believed that vitamin E deficiency is linked to fertility problems. Moreover, almonds’ antioxidant properties protect sperm and egg DNA from damages.
- Citrus fruits: citrus fruits are also rich in vitamin D, which apart from its relation to female fertility it has been shown that it may improve sperm concentration and motility.
- Tofu: tofu is an excellent iron source, which in inadequate levels can inhibit ovulation and decrease egg quality, leading to 60% lower chances of achieving pregnancy compared to women with normal iron levels.
- Salmon: salmon contains selenium, a mineral related to antioxidants production, which has been shown to play a protective role for the egg and sperm against free radicals. It is also necessary for the creation of sperm.
- Peas: increased levels of zinc, found in large amounts in peas, have been found to improve sperm quality and function. In women, lack of zinc may lead to estrogen and progesterone levels imbalance.
- Mackerel: it contains the essential fatty acids, like DHA, that contribute to a healthy female reproductive system. DHA has also been associated with enhanced sperm quality.
How many of these superfoods are already included in your diet?
Hey! If you found this post interesting or useful, you can help us get even better by subscribing to our newsletter. Just write your email and you’ll have the latest news regarding fertility issues. Thank you once more for your help.